This amazing Light Beef Chili Recipe has become one of my staples in the winter and fall seasons.
By using an extra lean ground beef (96% lean and 4% fat), and bulking the dish up with hearty vegetables, this chili comes in at just 4 Points per serving. It’s so incredibly flavorful and is loaded with fiber, protein and Vitamin C. It’s the perfect Weight Watchers Chili Recipe to help warm you up (and fill you up!) on a chilly day.
Garnish it with some green onions or low fat cheddar cheese for even more deliciousness! I also love that this is such an easy chili recipe to make and it makes enough for lots of leftovers. Often times, I will make this chili, then measure out a few individual servings and place them each in a Ziploc bag and the freeze them. That way, when I need something hot and hearty, I just have to pull one out of the freezer and heat it up. This is a LIFESAVER on days when I’m tired/cranky/busy/lazy or all of the above.
Truly, this is an awesome low calorie chili recipe that you must try.
Light Beef Chili
The perfect hearty chili to heat you up without using a lot of your Weight Watchers Points. This delicious, low calorie beef chili is made with extra lean ground beef which is simmered in incredible spices and flavors.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (96% lean/4% fat)
- 1 15oz can kidney beans
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 small green or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 12oz can dark beer
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Spray a large pot or Dutch oven with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat. Add in the onions and garlic and cook until onions begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and cook until meat is brown.
- Add in diced bell peppers and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except for the kidney beans and stir.
- Bring to a simmer, then stir in beans. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and let cook about 2 hours.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 187 calories; 3g fat; 24g carbohydrates; 16g protein; 7g fiber