I adore roasted vegetables…they give such a different and robust flavor to the veggie and, in my opinion, make vegetables really easy to eat.
But one vegetable that I surprisingly haven’t tried to roast yet was beets. With a fresh bundle of beets on hand, I decided that now was the time.
In just a few quick and easy steps, my beets were roasting away in the oven, and I was anxiously awaiting that first bite. They turned out even better than I expected!
The salt, thyme, and orange juice seasoning were perfect. They were sweet and tender, but with a kick. Absolutely delicious. And of course, they are 0 Points per serving which makes them all the tastier.
My husband liked these a lot too, and they will definitely become a go-to vegetable side dish in our household. Enjoy!
Roasted Beets Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 12 fresh beets - trimmed, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Juice from ½ a fresh orange
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a medium-sized baking sheet with non-fat cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine beets with freshly squeezed orange juice, salt, and thyme. Toss well.
- Place beets on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, turning once, until the beets are tender. Serve immediately.