If you love crisy, fried taquitos or flautas, then you are going to LOVE today’s recipe. Recently, I came across this Baked Chicken and Spinach Flautas Recipe and thought this was amazing idea.
Why have I not thought of this myself!?
Living in Southern California, I have access to some of the most delicious Mexican food around. That’s both a blessing and a curse. But I adore Mexican cuisine, and love experimenting with healthier, low calorie Mexican food recipes like these Baked Flautas.
Let me just tell you, they were incredible.
My rolling was a little sloppy, but I’ll work on perfecting that the next 300 times I make them :). My entire family loved them, and even my 4 year old couldn’t get enough. I barely managed to grab a few to take a picture! Seriously, they were delicious.
If you love Mexican food, these Weight Watchers Baked Taquitos are an absolute must try. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 bottle Corona light
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend (shredded)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray a large baking sheet with non-fat cooking spray.
- In a medium sized pot, place chicken breasts and garlic, then cover with beer and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken prom pot and place in large bowl. Using two forks, shred chicken well.
- Add in jalapenos, salsa, shredded cheese, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Cut all tortillas in half, and spoon 1/12 of the chicken mixture onto the tortilla. Roll the tortilla up, starting with the straight edge. Place seam-side down onto baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Lightly mist all the taquitos with an olive oil mister. Place in oven and bake for about 5 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the tortillas are crispy.
- Serve with extra salsa and/or sour cream for dipping.