You get more bang for your buck with a jalapeno popper by stuffing it into a chicken breast, in this Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe.
The chicken comes out oh so tender and juicy, and the delicious spicy, creamy, bacon-y center provides the perfect kick. It’s a perfect, low Points Weight Watchers Chicken Recipe for an easy and unique weeknight dinner.
It would also work for a sophisticated Super Bowl Sunday dinner recipe! If you love jalapeno poppers, this recipe is a must try. Enjoy!
JALAPENO POPPER STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts - (cut into 4 fillets)
- 2 jalapenos - (seeded and diced)
- 3 slices turkey bacon - (cooked and diced)
- 3 oz reduced fat cream cheese - (at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp fat free chicken broth
- ¼ cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese - (shredded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish with non-fat cooking spray.
- Using a mallet, pound out each chicken fillet to get a larger, thinner fillet, and then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese, broth, cheddar, jalapenos and bacon.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto on half of each chicken breast fillet. Fold in half to close, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place into baking dish and cover with foil. Make a few holes to allow steam to release.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through and is no longer pink in the middle.
- The entire recipe makes 4 servings
- The serving size is 1 stuffed chicken breast