I remember that a while back, Paula Deen once made this Sweet Bacon Wrapped Chicken recipe, and I tucked it away in the back of my mind as something I needed to experiment with. I made a couple healthier changes, and the recipe turned out fantastic. It was so quick and easy to prepare, and it requires just a handful of ingredients – all of which you probably have on hand at any given time. So it’s the perfect Weight Watchers dinner recipe for a busy weeknight. The chicken came out tender and juicy, and the chili sugar coating was absolutely perfect. Next time I make this, I think I may use regular bacon instead of the turkey. It will cost me an extra Point or two, but I think that this would be sensational with real bacon. Though the turkey bacon does the trick just fine if you want to keep it low calorie. Also, these Sweet Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts would work really well as appetizer or for a Weight Watchers Super Bowl Recipe…just cut the chicken into bite size pieces and then slice the bacon into thirds, lengthwise. This low calorie chicken recipe is definitely a keeper. Enjoy!
Sweet Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
An easy prep chicken recipe that tastes too good to just be 5 Points per serving. Juicy chicken breasts wrapped in turkey bacon and then drudged in a sugar and chili powder coating – it’s a dish that the whole family will love. It makes a great appetizer recipe too!
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4 fillets
- 4 slices extra lean turkey bacon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and mist with nonfat cooking spray.
- Wrap bacon around each chicken fillet, and secure with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt and chili powder. Roll the bacon wrapped chicken breast in the sugar mixture until thoroughly and evenly coated.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in oven for about 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp.
If you are using real bacon for this recipe, omit the salt in the sugar mixture.
Try using a chipotle chili powder instead of the regular chili powder for a more Southwestern flavor!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe is 4 servings
Serving size is 1 breast
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 210 calories; 3g fat; 16g carbohydrates; 29g protein; 0g fiber