I’ll admit that grating potatoes is one of my least favorite kitchen tasks ever, but when they are being grated to be used in this baked Sweet Potatoes Fritters recipe, I’d happily bust out that grater and get to work! Made with just a few simple ingredients, these savory sweet potato pancakes are a delicious Weight Watchers side dish recipe that can be enjoyed just about anytime. You’ll get two of these low calorie fritters for just 3 Points, which is great! But you definitely need to make sure you try and squeeze as much moisture as you can out of the potatoes in order to achieve a crisp potato pancake. The taste is delicious, and I was surprised by how easy these are to make (and so much less messy than frying in oil!). My kids loved them too, so these low calorie Sweet Potato Fritters will definitely be made again and again. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Fritters
Savory and a tad bit sweet, these low calorie potato pancakes are a wonderful side dish to add to your Weight Watchers Recipes. They offer a delicious and low Points way to prepare sweet potatoes that is not only satisfying, but easy to make and incredibly flavorful.
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with non-fat cooking spray.
- Grate the sweet potatoes into a large bowl, and then squeeze as much moisture from them as you can. *I used a cheesecloth, and then squeezed out a lot of the moisture.
- In large bowl, combine the potatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out the mixture and place it onto the baking sheet. Gently press out the fritter as flat and as thin as you can get it. Repeat until all the potato mixture is used.
- Place into oven and bake for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the fritters are crisp and golden. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 fritters
Each serving = 3 Points
PER SERVING: 103 calories; 2g fat; 14g carbohydrates; 7g protein; 2g fiber