If you’ve ever had stuffed mushrooms appetizers a party or dinner, then you know how delicious those succulent little devils are!
So, after seeing a few versions pop up on the Internet lately, I decided to make my own, low-calorie Stuffed Mushrooms Casserole that would fulfill all the taste requirements of traditional stuffed mushrooms, but still be a good Weight Watchers Recipe.
I added some savory seasonings like thyme and sage, which remind me of Thanksgiving stuffing. And I used Panko breadcrumbs to keep it light, but still bread-y (yes, that is a word, ok?) It was absolutely delicious! Covered in ooey, gooey mozzarella cheese, and very satisfying, this guilt-free Weight Watchers casserole recipe was a real hit.
It goes perfectly with your favorite chicken or turkey entree and heats up very nicely as leftovers the next day. This Stuffed Mushroom Casserole Recipe an absolute winner.
- 16 oz mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 2qt casserole dish with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray.
- In a medium, nonstick skillet melt butter over medium high heat. Add in onions and celery, and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms, garlic, thyme, sage and salt and pepper, and cook until mushrooms are soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to a large bowl, and stir in all remaining ingredients, except for the shredded mozzarella.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and top evenly with the shredded mozzarella.
- Place into oven and bake until cheese becomes golden and bubbly
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1/2 cup
Each serving = 5 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value