Do you remember when there was that whole no-carb craze when everyone was serving burgers, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, etc with lettuce instead of a bun? Well I do, and let me tell you, I was NOT a fan. Try and take away my bun from my most beloved cheeseburger, and you may seriously lose an arm. However, recently, while experimenting with some Thai chicken stir fry ideas, I was thinking how awesome it would be to eat with my hands. So, I decided to wrap some in a lettuce leaf and see what I thought. Now, people, before you call my a hypocrite, you have to realize that Thai chicken stir fry is not usually something served in a bun anyway, so I wasn’t really taking it away. I was merely adding the lettuce leaf wrap vs. using it a substitute for bread. It doesn’t count. But, I really, really enjoyed it and will very happily be making these over and over again. At just 4 Points for two Thai Chicken Wraps, it’s an amazing Weight Watchers Thai Recipe that would be perfect for a lunch or dinner. And no forks required. So let’s leave the buns on the burgers, and use the lettuce for these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps instead. Enjoy!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This flavorful and low calorie Thai recipe is a great, low carb way to eat finger food. Juicy and perfectly seasoned chicken breasts are wrapped in fresh lettuce and make an excellent Weight Watchers lunch idea.
- 1lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 large lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Thai chili paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Heat sesame oil in a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in garlic, and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Then add in chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Turn heat down to medium, and then stir in soy sauce, chili paste, sugar, and lime juice, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until chicken is full cooked through…about 8-10 minutes.
- Divide chicken evenly amongst lettuce leaves and top with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Thai
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 wraps
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 176 calories; 5.5g fat; 5.5g carbohydrates; 24g protein; 0g fiber