Happy Memorial Day, everyone! If you are like me, and feeling too lazy to bust out the grill today, then you’ve come to the right blog post. Today, I’m sharing a new and delicious low calorie meatball recipe that requires no grill. Meatballs are a pretty popular dish around here. The kids love them, the husband loves them and they are pretty easy to make. They also freeze well and make for great leftovers or packed lunches. So because I make meatballs a lot, I’m always looking for new ways to make them, and trying to incorporate unique and delicious flavors, while still keeping them low in Points for me. After my Mexican Meatballs were a huge hit, I decided to explore with some Asian flavors and created these tasty and slightly tangy Asian inspired meatballs. They were SO good!! And it’s really such an easy Weight Watchers meatball recipe that takes very little prep work and cook time, so you can get them on the table quickly. You can serve them as an appetizer with toothpicks, or over rice or noodles as a main dish. But at just 4 Points for 6 meatballs, these Asian Meatballs are an excellent Weight Watchers Recipe to try!
These delicious sweet and slightly tangy meatballs are perfect as a Weight Watchers appetizer or as a main dish. They are incredibly flavorful and yet still low in Points.
- 1lb extra lean ground beef (96/4)
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute, like Eggbeaters
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with non-fat cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl add ground beef, 2 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp soy sauce, ½ tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, scallions, Panko and egg substitute. Combine well using hands.
- Form 36 one inch meatballs, and place on baking sheet and cook for about 10 minutes, or until meatballs are golden on the outside and no longer pink on the inside. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, whisk together 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, honey and rice vinegar.
- When meatballs are ready, pour sauce over them and stir gently to make sure they all get covered well.
- Serve as appetizers with toothpicks or over rice as a main course. Garnish with additional sliced scallions if desired.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 6 meatballs
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 179 calories; 5.5g fat; 12g carbohydrates; 18g protein; 0g fiber