Need a unique and healthy new Weight Watchers Recipe idea for your grill this summer? Well these Spicy Grilled Pineapple Chicken Burgers will knock your socks off!
This burger is so light ad fresh, and full of delicious, flavors. The thin sandwich round eliminates a lot of extra calories and carbs, and the pineapple helps bulk up the burger without adding more Points.
The lean ground chicken patties are wonderfully seasoned and I added some diced jalapenos for an extra kick. I also whipped up a chipotle may dressing which balanced out the burger perfectly.
This is a must try Weight Watchers Grilling Recipe this summer. My Spicy Grilled Pineapple Chicken Burger Recipe is great paired with some corn on the cob or roasted vegetables.
SPICY GRILLED PINEAPPLE CHICKEN BURGER RECIPE
Perfect for a summer BBQ, these Hawaiian style chicken burgers are spicy and delicious. The fresh grilled pineapple, melted cheese and chipotle mayo give them the perfect finishing touch. A tasty and healthier alternative to standard, traditional grilled burgers.
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 8 slices reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 Sandwich Thins
- 8 pineapple rings - (in their own juice, if you are using canned)
- 1 small red onion - (thinly sliced)
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 small jalapeno - (seeded and minced)
- 4 garlic cloves - (minced)
- 2 tbsp Vegenaise or reduced fat mayo
- ¼ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground chipotle seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Combine ground chicken, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, pepper, and smoked paprika by hand in a large bowl. Form into 8 patties, place on a plate, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, Greek yogurt and chipotle seasoning. Mix well, and set aside.
- Heat up grill to medium heat. Place chicken patties directly on the grates and cook to desired level of doneness…about 4-5 minutes per side. Top each burger with a slice of cheese for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time to melt. Grill sandwich thins, if desired. Place cooked burgers on a plate, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Grill pineapples grates over medium heat. Carefully turn after 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble burger with 1 chicken patty and cheese, 1 pineapple ring and equal portions of red onions and chipotle mayo.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings Serving size is 1 burger
Calories: 322 kcal (16%)Carbohydrates: 29.5 g (10%)Protein: 41.2 g (82%)Fat: 6.4 g (10%)Saturated Fat: 2.5 g (16%)Cholesterol: 86 mg (29%)Sodium: 809 mg (35%)Potassium: 99 mg (3%)Fiber: 7.1 g (30%)Sugar: 6.9 g (8%)Calcium: 160 mg (16%)Iron: 1.8 mg (10%)
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was!
I made the chicken burgers and they were so sticky I couldn’t work with them. I added another pound of meat and they were still too sticky. Other recipes for basically the same dish only call for 3 Tablespoons of soy sauce. I wonder if that is the problem, this recipe calls for 1/3 cup!!!
I just made the chicken burgers, and the mix was so sticky I couldn’t make the patties by hand, so I used a spoon and waxed paper. Did any one else have this experience?
This is the best WW recipie I’ve tried to date! So delishious!
Made these tonight, they were amazing, didn’t have the chipotle seasoning so I added chili pepper powder with some red pepper flakes, I also didn’t have a fresh jalapeno so I used jarred and it still turned out great!! Will be making this again!!
I found the ground chicken at Kroger right next to the ground turkey
These look so good and I would love to make them but cannot find ground chicken breast anywhere……can you tell me if you know where to buy it? I have a Sprouts, Kroger, Albertson’s, Von’s and Stater Bros. near by????????????