Need a unique and healthy new Weight Watchers Recipe idea for your grill this summer? Well these Spicy Grilled Pineapple Chicken Burgers will knock your socks off!
This burger is so light ad fresh, and full of delicious, flavors. The thin sandwich round eliminates a lot of extra calories and carbs, and the pineapple helps bulk up the burger without adding more Points.
The lean ground chicken patties are wonderfully seasoned and I added some diced jalapenos for an extra kick. I also whipped up a chipotle may dressing which balanced out the burger perfectly.
This is a must try Weight Watchers Grilling Recipe this summer. My Spicy Grilled Pineapple Chicken Burger Recipe is great paired with some corn on the cob or roasted vegetables.
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 8 slices reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 Sandwich Thins
- 8 pineapple rings (in their own juice, if you are using canned)
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 small jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp Vegenaise or reduced fat mayo
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground chipotle seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Combine ground chicken, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, pepper, and smoked paprika by hand in a large bowl. Form into 8 patties, place on a plate, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, Greek yogurt and chipotle seasoning. Mix well, and set aside.
- Heat up grill to medium heat. Place chicken patties directly on the grates and cook to desired level of doneness…about 4-5 minutes per side. Top each burger with a slice of cheese for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time to melt. Grill sandwich thins, if desired. Place cooked burgers on a plate, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Grill pineapples grates over medium heat. Carefully turn after 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble burger with 1 chicken patty and cheese, 1 pineapple ring and equal portions of red onions and chipotle mayo.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 burger
Each serving = 6 Points*
*based only on ingredients with an SP Freestyle value