When I first saw this Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries Recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago, I was a bit skeptical. But since I adore french fries and am always looking for/experiment with new recipes that offer a tasty and healthier alternative that is low in Weight Watchers Points, I decided to give this a try.
I know that the flavor of green beans can be very distinct, so I altered the original version of the recipe I found at Dashing Dish, a bit.
And I have to say, the end result was EXCELLENT!! The texture was a tad more chewy than crisp, but the taste was absolutely delicious. I have only tried this recipe with fresh green beans….maybe the texture would be better with frozen? But I made this for lunch one day, sat down with some ketchup, and went to town on these babies. Seriously, they were excellent.
This healthy recipe a wonderful way to satisfy my craving for gourmet french fries, but for so few Points. This has become one of my new favorite Weight Watchers Recipes, and I will be making it very frequently.
Try them with my Vegetarian Philly Cheese Steak for an amazing vegetarian Weight Watchers meal!
BAKED PARMESAN GREEN BEAN FRIES
- 1 lb fresh green beans (washed and trimmed)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with an olive oil mister, or non-fat cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan, Panko, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Place green beans on baking sheet, making sure they are spread out evenly and not overlapping. Mist them lightly with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese mixture evenly over all the green beans. Place in oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until green beans are golden brown and begin to crisp.