When I first saw this Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries Recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago, I was a bit skeptical. But since I adore french fries and am always looking for/experiment with new recipes that offer a tasty and healthier alternative that is low in Weight Watchers Points, I decided to give this a try. I know that the flavor of green beans can be very distinct, so I altered the original version of the recipe I found at Dashing Dish, a bit. And I have to say, the end result was EXCELLENT!! The texture was a tad more chewy than crisp, but the taste was absolutely delicious. I have only tried this recipe with fresh green beans….maybe the texture would be better with frozen? But I made this for lunch one day, sat down with some ketchup, and went to town on these babies. Seriously, they were excellent. And just 2 Points per serving makes this a wonderful way to satisfy my craving for gourmet french fries, but for so few Points. This has become one of my new favorite Weight Watchers Recipes, and I will be making it very frequently. Try them with my Vegetarian Philly Cheese Steak for an amazing vegetarian Weight Watchers meal!
Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries
A healthier alternative to French fries, these super easy baked green beans are perfectly seasoned with Parmesan and garlic. Slightly crisped, with a delicious flavor, you can serve them with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce to complete the dish.
- 1lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with an olive oil mister, or non-fat cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan, Panko, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Place green beans on baking sheet, making sure they are spread out evenly and not overlapping. Mist them lightly with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese mixture evenly over all the green beans. Place in oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until green beans are golden brown and begin to crisp.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 ½ cups
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 77 calories; 2g fat; 11g carbohydrates; 5g protein; 4g fiber