This Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Recipe is sooooooo easy to make and tastes like a million bucks. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal! Each serving is just 5 Points, and it goes perfectly over rice or roasted vegetables. The soy balsamic sauce adds such delicious flavor to the chicken breasts and helps to keep the moist and juicy. And the rosemary gives such a nice and unexpected boost of savor and helps highlight all of the other ingredients. My whole family loved this…even the kids, which is HUGE. I’m definitely planning on using this Weight Watchers chicken recipe for summer dinner parties, as it’s truly a crowd-pleaser and yet still an amazingly easy meal to prepare. And if you aren’t concerned with Points or calories/fat, it works really well with chicken thighs too!
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken
Incredibly juicy and flavorful, this low calorie chicken recipe is a real crowd pleaser. It’s very quick and easy to prepare, but packs a big punch on flavor. Makes a great weeknight Weight Watchers dinner recipe.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 breasts
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 2-3 quart shallow baking dish with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray. Place chicken in baking dish and cover with shallots.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic, pepper, and rosemary. Pour over chicken and shallots. Cover baking with aluminum foil and roast in oven for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Then, remove aluminum foil and place chicken back in oven for about 10 minutes to brown a bit.
- Let rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 235 calories; 2g fat; 13g carbohydrates; 33g protein; 0g fiber