Chinese food lovers, you are in for a treat today! This Light Sesame Chicken Recipe is absolutely amazing, and yet just 5 Points per serving. It’s a quick and easy Weight Watchers chicken recipe that works great over some brown rice or noodles. I ate mine with just some steamed vegetables as I was nearing the end of my Daily Points allowance. But this dish is incredibly flavorful and light, and a much healthier alternative to the sesame chicken you’d find at your favorite Chinese food restaurant. Feel free to play around with the vinegar and/or sugar if you want it sweeter or more tangy, it’s really pretty hard to mess this recipe up. If you love Chinese food but don’t want all the extra calories, fat and Points that come with it, then this Light Sesame Chicken Recipe is a must try.
Light Sesame Chicken
A healthy and delicious low Points version of Sesame Chicken that is sure to have all Weight Watchers jumping for joy. Save money and Points by making this popular Chinese dish at home instead of at a restaurant.
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and pepper. Toss chicken pieces in mixture until they are all evenly coated with flour.
- Preheat a medium sized non-stick, oven-safe skillet and spray with non-fat cooking spray. Place chicken in pan, and cook until seared on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, chicken broth, sesame oil, brown sugar, and garlic.
- Pour mixture into the seared chicken, and toss around a bit to mix. Place entire skillet into oven, and cook for about 20 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes. Toss with sesame seeds and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Chinese
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 224 calories; 5g fat; 7.5g carbohydrates; 34.5g protein; 1g fiber