If you are tired of traditional pasta sauces, then you are in for a treat today. This Broccoli Feta Pasta Sauce Recipe is incredibly delicious and full of fresh flavor. It’s a great low calorie pasta sauce to top your favorite noodles.
It also works great over chicken, rice or a baked potato. I first ate these over Miracle Noodles and it was excellent and very filling.
This decadent pasta sauce is a great way to get in your veggie servings, too, as the sauce is mostly broccoli. But surprisingly, it doesn’t have an overwhelming broccoli taste.
The feta helps balance it out, delivering a perfectly flavored sauce that is nutritious as well as delicious.
BROCCOLI FETA PASTA SAUCE
- 16 oz package of broccoli florets
- 5 oz fat free feta cheese
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using microwave or vegetable steamer, steam broccoli until tender.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add in onions and garlic and sauté for about 3-4 minutes or until onions begin to soften and become translucent.
- Transfer cooked onions and garlic to a blender. Add in the steamed broccoli, feta cheese, olive oil , lemon juice, water, and salt & pepper. Puree until smooth. Add additional water if sauce is too thick.