This Lemon Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe is so simple yet so incredibly delicious. I’d hardly even call it a recipe! The preparation is so minimal and it requires just a few ingredients, yet the end result is a wonderfully moist and succulent chicken breast.
It goes great when served over rice or roasted vegetables, or even on a sandwich. Strain some of the liquid leftover in the slow cooker and pour some over the chicken right before serving…it’s delicious!
This is an excellent and incredibly easy Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipe that is a staple for when I have no time or energy to put into cooking but still want to serve something healthy, flavorful, and low in Points.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 10 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3 lemons (sliced)
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place half of the lemons and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and thyme and place on top of lemons and garlic.
- Cover chicken with remaining lemon slices and garlic, and pour broth over everything.
- Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Liquid from slow cooker can be strained and served over chicken.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast
Each serving = 0 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value