What a gorgeous salad to serve with any meal! I love all the rich colors and textures in this Roasted Eggplant Salad with Goat Cheese….perfect for any season.
The smoky taste of the roasted eggplant combines wonderfully with the acidity of the tomatoes and the creamy and tangy goat cheese. This salad could be enjoyed as a side dish or even as a main course (just double the serving), as it is incredibly filling.
It’s a great way to help you feel full without spending a lot of Weight Watchers Points. This beautiful salad is as nutritious as it is lovely, and definitely a healthy salad recipe I recommend trying.
- 2 medium sized eggplants (diced)
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 oz goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss eggplant with ½ tbsp olive oil, salt, and garlic. Place eggplant on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-fat cooking spray, and then cook until tender and lightly brown, about 30-35 minutes. Let cool about 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, paprika and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place cooled eggplant in a bowl, and add in tomatoes, garbanzo beans and parsley. Top with dressing and toss gently to coat. Gently stir in goat cheese and serve immediately at room temperature.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about ¾ cup
Each serving = 3 Points* *
based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value