There is still plenty of summertime left to fire up that grill and start cooking!
One of my favorite Weight Watchers Grilling Recipes is this Grilled Middle Eastern Turkey Kebabs with Cucumber Yogurt Dip. Having been to the Middle East a few times, kebabs are one of the most delicious foods I’ve had there. So I wanted to create my own lighter version, and the results are pretty fantastic.
The ground turkey meat is incredibly flavorful, and the cucumber yogurt dip is the perfect complement. Truly a delicious and satisfying meal that will keep you on track with your Weight Watchers goals.
So instead of burgers, hot dogs, and grilled chicken, give these Grilled Middle Eastern Turkey Kebabs a try instead. Enjoy!
GRILLED MIDDLE EASTERN TURKEY KEBABS WITH CUCUMBER YOGURT DIP RECIPE
A fantastic Mediterranean flavor transforms lean ground turkey into these incredible, low calorie turkey kebabs. Completed with a fresh and tangy cucumber yogurt dipping sauce, this is one Grilling Recipe that is a wonderful alternative to traditional grilling fare.
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup Kalamata olive juice
- ½ cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 4 garlic cloves - (minced)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup fresh parsley - (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Cucumber Sauce:
- 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 small cucumber - (shredded)
- 3 garlic cloves - (minced)
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by making the yogurt dip. Combine all dip ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Now make the kebabs by combining all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix well.
- Let the meat sit for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Form the meat onto 8 skewers.
- Place skewers onto grill. Don’t flip or move them until the bottom side is cooked; the meat will easily release from the grill when it’s ready. If you force it too soon, the kebab will break apart.
- When ready, gently flip over using a spatula. Cook until desired level of done-ness is reached. Remove from grill and let rest about 5 minutes before serving.
- Divide yogurt dipping sauce into 4 small bowls and serve with kebabs.
- The entire recipe makes 4 servings
- The serving size is 2 kebabs with about 1/3 cup yogurt dip
Calories: 245 kcal (12%)Carbohydrates: 12.9 g (4%)Protein: 38.2 g (76%)Fat: 5.3 g (8%)Saturated Fat: 2 g (13%)Cholesterol: 126 mg (42%)Sodium: 441 mg (19%)Potassium: 352 mg (10%)Fiber: 2.5 g (10%)Sugar: 6.7 g (7%)Calcium: 170 mg (17%)Iron: 2.9 mg (16%)
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was!
I love everything about this!
OMG I LOVE YOU!!! This looks awesome!
I can’t wait to try these – they sound great!