These Slow Cooker Italian Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Goat Cheese were AMAZING. The chicken was perfectly flavored, and was so tender and juicy. The spinach and roasted red pepper were a nice flavor (and fiber!) boost, and the crispy toasted roll with goat cheese was the icing on the the cake. This was truly an amazing meal. The key is finding the right roll to use. I like the Half Baked Panini Rustic Rolls from Trader Joe’s. They are fat free and just 3 Points. I toasted them to add a nice crunch to the sandwich, which was divine. The fresh basil added such a lovely aroma and a delightful and bright essence. Each sandwich comes out to 8 Points, which is pretty darn good for what you get! Pair it with some roasted vegetables, soup or salad for a low Points Weight Watchers meal. I had some of my extra weekly Points allowance available, so I served mine with some garlic fries :). Sooooooo good! These Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Italian Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are a MUST try, folks.
Slow Cooker Italian Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Goat Cheese
Juicy pulled chicken seasoned with Italian herbs, and served on a toasted roll with goat cheese and fresh basil, this Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipe is too good to pass up. Makes for a wonderful and delicious healthy dinner or lunch idea.
- 6 sandwich rolls (I used Trader Joe’s Half-Baked Panini Rustic Rolls)
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 12oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 14-16oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 5 oz goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Add in Italian dressing packet and garlic. Coat chicken breasts well on all sides.
- Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours.
- Using two forks, shred chicken. Then add in red peppers and thawed spinach. Cover and cook for another two hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast rolls and spread goat cheese evenly amongst the rolls. Scoop out about ¾ cup chicken and place onto bun. Top with a few basil leaves and other half of bun.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 7 hour(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size 1 sandwich
Each serving = 8 Points
PER SERVING: 315 calories; 6.5g fat; 34g carbohydrates; 27g protein; 4g fiber