An all-in-one meal, these Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowls are truly a satisfying dish. Each bowl is loaded with quality ingredients that taste AMAZING and will help give you energy while keeping you full. By cooking the chicken in the crock pot with salsa, it allows for the chicken to become, tender, juicy and oh-so flavorful. Each bowl is 9 Points, which isn’t bad when you figure all that’s packed inside that bowl. And because it’s so filling, you really don’t need any side dishes with this. It also freezes really well! So double the recipe if you want to store some in the freezer for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or for lunches. The kids love topping their own bowls with all their favorite condiments, and I love how incredibly delicious and healthy these Chicken Taco Bowls are! This is Weight Watchers Crock Pot recipe that is a family favorite and gets made again and again.
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowl
Fresh, healthy, and incredibly flavorful, this chicken taco bowl does not disappoint. It’s loaded with quality ingredients that are good for your body and your waistline. Easy, delicious food that is a definite family favorite.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6oz (about ¾ cup) reduced fat Mexican cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts, beans, and entire jar of salsa into crock pot. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Cook rice according to package directions, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, lime juice and salt & pepper.
- Assemble taco bowls by dividing rice, chicken and beans evenly among 6 bowls.
- Top each taco bowl with 2 tbsp of the cheese . Place each bowl individually in the microwave and heat for about 1 minute to melt cheese.
- Now top with some of the tomato and onion mixture, 2 tbsp sour cream, and 2 avocado slices, and some fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken taco bowl
Each serving = 9 Points
PER SERVING: 391 calories; 12g fat; 40g carbohydrates; 29g protein; 7.5g fiber