An all-in-one meal, these Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowls are truly a satisfying dish.
Each bowl is loaded with quality ingredients that taste AMAZING and will help give you energy while keeping you full. By cooking the chicken in the crock pot with salsa, it allows for the chicken to become, tender, juicy and oh-so flavorful.
And because it’s so filling, you really don’t need any side dishes with this. It also freezes really well! So double the recipe if you want to store some in the freezer for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or for lunches.
The kids love topping their own bowls with all their favorite condiments, and I love how incredibly delicious and healthy these Chicken Taco Bowls are!
This is a Weight Watchers Crock Pot recipe that is a family favorite and gets made again and again.
CROCK POT CHICKEN TACO BOWL RECIPE
- 1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 1 15 oz can black beans - (drained and rinsed)
- 6 oz about ¾ cup reduced fat Mexican cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup fat free sour cream
- ½ cup fresh cilantro - (chopped)
- 1 ½ cups brown rice - (cooked)
- 1 avocado - (cut into 12 slices)
- 1 small red onion - (diced)
- 2 to matoes - (finely diced)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts, beans, and entire jar of salsa into crock pot. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, lime juice and salt & pepper.
- Assemble taco bowls by dividing cooked rice, chicken and beans evenly among 6 bowls.
- Top each taco bowl with 2 tbsp of the cheese . Place each bowl individually in the microwave and heat for about 1 minute to melt cheese.
- Now top with some of the tomato and onion mixture, 2 tbsp sour cream, and 2 avocado slices, and some fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
We tried this recipe for the first time back in April. My 5 year old asks for it all the time & calls it the “Chipotle” dinner. It was great!
Is there a Taco shell included in this recipe???
Gonna try this one!