This basic Oriental Cabbage and Cranberry Salad Recipe tastes so amazing, it’s hard to believe that each serving is just 2 Points and that it’s so incredibly easy to make.
It’s one of my go to salad recipes for when I need a quick prep side dish that doesn’t require a lot of chopping. I buy the cabbage already shredded in a package, so I just dice up some green onions, make the dressing, and let it sit in the fridge until dinner time.
My kids love the flavors and don’t realize that they are eating a vegetable. Sometimes I’ll add toasted almonds or edamame for an added nutrition boost, but keep in mind that will increase the Points value.
Truly delicious, my Oriental Cabbage and Cranberry Salad is a favorite around our house. Not only for it’s low Points value, but because it tastes fantastic.
ORIENTAL CABBAGE AND CRANBERRY SALAD RECIPE
- 1 12-16 oz package shredded cabbage
- 4 scallions - (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- sprinkle of sesame seeds - (optional garnish)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, scallions, and cranberries. Pour dressing over everything, and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at 1-3 hours before serving. Toss again just before serving. Garnish with optional sesame seeds.
Looks a bit dry. Do you need a little sauce? Wendy? :D
Not dry at all! It was perfect!!
Delish! Great idea, thanks for sharing.
How can we share these recipes on facebook?
Also, your diagonal background gives me a headache. I cannot look at your site for very long.
This looks SO delicious! I just threw this together, and it’s super easy, however, I think I may have gotten the wrong sesame oil. I took one bite and my mouth is on fire, lol! Are there different types of sesame oil? Guess I bought the hot one. Would love this salad if it was a bit more mild. Thank you for sharing it! Love your blog! And the other recipes I’ve tried were all FANTASTIC!
This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing, your website is pretty spectacular!
I love the tart and sweet crunch that this looks like it will give. I can’t wait to try this the next time we have a veggie burger night!