First of all, let me start by saying that this photo does NOT do this Pickled Beet, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Sandwich any justice. The lighting and my camera were just not cooperating with me that day, and I was unable to manage a really good shot.
That being said, this unique vegetarian sandwich recipe was beyond amazing. The pickled beets worked wonderfully with the mild, yet tart, goat cheese.
And the sauteed spinach added a nice dimension and lots of added nutrients. Top it all of with a crispy, toasted roll, and you’ve got one healthy and delicious Weight Watchers lunch recipe that came out to just 6 Points per sandwich.
Getting tired of the same old turkey sandwiches for lunch every day? Take this instead! Just pack the ingredients in separate containers and assemble right before you eat so that the bread doesn’t get soggy.
This Pickled Beet, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Sandwich Recipe will definitely shake up your lunch routine in the best, most tasty way possible.
- 3 medium sized beets (trimmed)
- 16 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 oz goat cheese
- 6 sandwich rolls (I used Trader Joe’s par-baked Panini rolls)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450. Make sure greens are removed from the beets, then wrap them in aluminum foil, and place them inside a small baking dish. Roast until beets are soft enough to easily pierce with a knife, about 45-60 minutes. Allow to cool, then using a paper towel, rub the beets to remove the skin.
- Slice beets thinly and place into a medium sized bowl (makes about 2 cups). Chop 3 garlic cloves, and place them on top of the beets. Season with salt and pepper. Then add vinegar and cilantro. Cover with a lid, and shake a bit to mix up. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet lightly with an olive oil mister and set over medium high heat. Add spinach, remaining to garlic cloves (minced), and a bit of salt and pepper. Sauté, tossing frequently, until spinach is wilted.
- Toast each sandwich roll, then divide the goat cheese, beets and spinach evenly amongst the rolls.
Entire recipe makes 6 sandwiches
Serving size is 1 sandwich
Each serving = 6 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value