Need a healthy and delicious Weight Watchers side dish recipe that is unique, filling and still low in Points? Well, look no further – this Roasted Cauliflower and Garbanzo Bean Herb Salad Recipe is fantastic.
It’s bright, fresh, and perfectly flavored with a jalapeno lime dressing that unites all the components. I got the idea for this dish after finding the original recipe from My Darling Lemon Thyme (how CUTE is that name, btw?)
I loved the idea of this healthy vegan recipe, and made just a few changes to make it more Weight Watchers friendly. It turned out perfect, and my husband and I loved it.
The bed of fresh herbs was so incredibly flavorful, and was a nice change of pace to standard lettuce or spinach based salads.
This Roasted Cauliflower and Garbanzo Bean Herb Salad is an impressive looking salad to serve for dinner parties, and tastes just as divine as it looks.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND GARBANZO BEAN HERB SALAD RECIPE
- 1 large head of cauliflower - (cut into florets)
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans - (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium bunch Italian parsley - (chopped)
- 1 small bunch cilantro - (chopped)
- 1 small bunch mint - (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeño - (seeded and finely diced)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice from 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, Line a medium sized baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with non-fat cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower onto baking tray, lightly mist with olive oil mister, and season with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is browned and tender.
- Line a spate small baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with nonfat cooking spray. Place garbanzo beans on the baking sheet, mist lightly with a bit of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 10-15 minutes or until beans are a crispy golden brown.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, jalapeño, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the fresh herbs, cooked cauliflower and garbanzo beans. Drizzle with jalapeño lime dressing and toss again.
- The entire recipe makes 4 servings
- The serving size is about 1 cup