Living in Southern California, I am constantly exposed to endless amounts of the most fantastic Mexican food. But to keep myself from going overboard on the calories and fat that these delicious foods come with, I often make my own, healthier, Weight Watchers version at home.
This Crock Pot Chicken Verde Tacos Recipe is one of my staples…it’s sooooo easy, requires minimal prep, and is ridiculously delicious. And it’s very versatile too — you can play around with a variety of toppings, or serve over rice, instead of the tortilla, for a more substantial dish.
I’ll even serve it over a bed of fresh greens for a light and delicious Mexican salad. It’s really such a fantastic, reliable recipe that you can’t go wrong with. The chicken and bean mixture does make a lot, so if you wanted to spread this out to 6 servings (12 tacos in total), you absolutely could. Though, you would need to factor in four more tortillas.
This easy Crock Pot Chicken Verde Tacos Recipe is a must try for any Weight Watchers who love low calorie Mexican food recipes.
CROCK POT CHICKEN VERDE TACOS RECIPE
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 15 oz jar salsa verde
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 15 oz can black beans - (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup red onion - (diced)
- ½ cup cilantro - (chopped)
- Place chicken breasts, salsa, and black beans in crock pot. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Using two forks, shred chicken.
- Toast tortillas in oven or over gas range.
- Top each tortilla with chicken and beans mixture, onion, and cilantro.
I made this a couple of nights ago and wasn’t able to eat it until last night. It was so delicious and easy. The sauce really reduced down because I ended up cooking it for a long time, so the flavors were really concentrated. It was a good mistake! I usually have all the ingredients on hand so I’ll definitely be making this again, maybe I’ll even get to eat it the day I make it.