Living in Southern California, I am constantly exposed to endless amounts of the most fantastic Mexican food. But to keep myself from going overboard on the calories and fat that these delicious foods come with, I often make my own, healthier, Weight Watchers version at home. This Crock Pot Chicken Verde Tacos Recipe is one of my staples…it’s sooooo easy, requires minimal prep, and is ridiculously delicious. And it’s very versatile too — you can play around with a variety of toppings, or serve over rice, instead of the tortilla, for a more substantial dish. I’ll even serve it over a bed of fresh greens for a light and delicious Mexican salad. It’s really such a fantastic, reliable recipe that you can’t go wrong with. And 9 Points for two loaded tacos is a pretty good bargain. The chicken and bean mixture does make a lot, so if you wanted to spread this out to 6 servings (12 tacos in total), you absolutely could. Though, you would need to factor in four more tortillas. This easy Crock Pot Chicken Verde Tacos Recipe is a must try for any Weight Watchers who love low calorie Mexican food recipes.
Crock Pot Chicken Verde Tacos
Fresh, light, and incredibly easy, these chicken verde tacos are delicious and are perfect for a weeknight dinner. Dressed up with your favorite toppings, they incredibly flavorful while still being healthy and low calorie.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 15oz jar salsa verde
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos (optional)
- Place chicken breasts, salsa, and black beans in crock pot. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Using two forks, shred chicken.
- Toast tortillas in oven or over gas range.
- Top each tortilla with chicken and beans mixture, 1 tbsp sour cream, onion, cilantro and jalapenos.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 2 tacos
Each serving = 9 Points
PER SERVING: 395 calories; 5.5g fat; 45g carbohydrates; 32g protein; 5.5g fiber