This recipe was created recently one evening, towards the end of a week from hell. Both of my kids and my husband were sick, we just had family who was visiting leave, so the house was a mess, and I hadn’t meal planned, so I had to fly by the seat of my pants when putting together dinner. I had just a few staples lying around, so I decided to create this easy, yet delicious Green Olive and Lemon Chicken Recipe. It came out to just 4 Points, and it was absolutely delectable. The perfect amount of tang from the lemons, and just the right saltiness from the olives. Low in carbohydrates and high in protein, it was also very satisfying. I was lazy and didn’t halve my olives, but I suggest doing that so that the olive flavor can be more evenly distributed. It was so good, and so easy, it’ll definitely be added into my regular meal rotation. Enjoy!
Green Olive and Lemon Chicken
Succulent, seasoned chicken cooked in a delicious, lemony sauce and accentuated with green olives. This easy Weight Watchers Chicken Recipe is a delicious ad reliable meal that is filling and flavorful.
- 2lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1 cup pitted green olives, drained
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large, skillet with nonfat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Season chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. Place in pan, and sear until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Add onions and garlic to the pan, and sauté, stirring often, until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add splashes of the chicken stock as needed to keep the onions from sticking to the pan.
- Now add in the lemon, olives, paprika, cumin, and remaining stock. Bring to a boil, and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, turn the heat to medium low, cover, and let cook until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken fillet
Each serving = 4 Points
PER SERVING: 201 calories; 5.5g fat; 2.5g carbohydrates; 31g protein; 1g fiber