I do not even know where to begin to accurately express my love for these monstrously delicious Brunch Stuffed Peppers. Not only are they incredibly quick and easy to prepare, they are filled with amazing, savory flavors that will make you forget you actually eating something low calorie and low in Points. They key here is not skimping on the bacon and cheese. Yes, you read that right. The rest of the ingredients are all on the lighter side, so I decided to be a bit heavy handed with the bacon and cheese. Sure, you could probably shave a Point or two off by using fat free cheese or turkey bacon, but the flavor of this Weight Watchers brunch recipe is dramatically enhanced by using the good stuff. My most favorite bacon to use is THIS one from Applegate Farms. It’s lower in sodium than most bacon and is nitrate free, which I LOVE. I adore these Brunch Stuffed Peppers so much that I’m planning on making them for Christmas morning breakfast this year instead of my Baked Pumpkin Pie French Toast. Yes, they are that good.
Brunch Stuffed Peppers
An easy yet impressive Weight Watchers Brunch recipe, these peppers are incredibly delicious but still low in Points. They are lovely and make a perfect healthy breakfast or brunch that will fill you up without racking up a lot of fat and calories.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 6 slices light bacon, cooked and chopped (I used THIS)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat biscuit mix (I used Bisquick)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat Mexican style cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the top 1/2-inch of each pepper, and scrape out the seeds inside. Arrange the peppers, cut side up, in an 8 by 8-inch glass baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Whisk until combined. Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each pepper. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out dry, about 40-45 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 stuffed pepper
Each serving = 6 Points
PER SERVING: 236 calories; 10g fat; 20g carbohydrates; 18g protein; 3g fiber