I do not even know where to begin to accurately express my love for these monstrously delicious Brunch Stuffed Peppers. Not only are they incredibly quick and easy to prepare, they are filled with amazing, savory flavors that will make you forget you actually eating something low calorie and low in Points.
The key here is not leaving out on the good stuff. Yes, you read that right. Because the main components of this recipe are 0 Points, the sour cream and bacon get to be the stars. This was, you get the incredible flavors they bring, but without too much fat and calories.
Sure, you could probably shave a Point or two off by using fat free sour cream or turkey bacon, but the flavor of this Weight Watchers brunch recipe is dramatically enhanced by using the good stuff.
My most favorite bacon to use is THIS one from Applegate Farms. It’s lower in sodium than most bacon and is nitrate free, which I LOVE.
I adore these Brunch Stuffed Peppers so much that I’m planning on making them for Christmas morning breakfast this year instead of my Baked Pumpkin Pie French Toast. Yes, they are that good.
BRUNCH STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE
- 4 large bell peppers
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 6 slices bacon - (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 cup biscuit mix - (I used Bisquick)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 4 green onions - (diced)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the top 1/2-inch of each pepper, and scrape out the seeds inside. Arrange the peppers, cut side up, in an 8 by 8-inch glass baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Whisk until combined. Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each pepper. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out dry, about 40-45 minutes.