After making these Ground Turkey Sausage Patties, I will never buy pre-made sausage from the store again! Super easy to make, and boasting a wonderfully fresh and multi-note flavor, I was so excited to create a good, reliable homemade turkey sausage recipe. The turkey is mixed with spices and then left to sit overnight in the refrigerator, so all you have to do in the morning is cook them. Turkey can be a bit difficult to work with, as it can tend to be quite dry when cooked. So make sure not to overcook them. You can also add more olive oil to the meat, if Weight Watchers Points aren’t a concern. This is an absolutely ideal Weight Watchers Christmas recipe that you can prepare for Christmas morning, perhaps alongside my Baked Pumpkin French Toast. It would also work really well for Easter or Sunday Brunch. They are delicious, low calorie, and incredibly easy…I highly recommend giving them a try, ASAP!
Turkey Sausage Patties
Homemade turkey sausage patties are the perfect breakfast treat. They are full of wonderful and fresh flavors without all the preservatives, and just 2 Points each.
- 1lb extra lean ground turkey (I used the kind from Jennie-O)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of allspice
- Mix together all the spices in a small bowl. Then place the turkey in a medium sized bowl, add in the spices, and combine all ingredients using hands.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray or an olive oil mister, and set over medium heat. Form ground turkey into 8 patties, and place in pan. Cook until meat is no longer pink and is browned evenly on both sides. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- *I also use a lid to cover the pan while they are cooking to help them cook through the center better, and to help keep moisture in the meat, as extra lean turkey can be pretty dry.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 sausage patty
Each serving = 2 Points
PER SERVING: 79 calories; 2.5g fat; 1g carbohydrates; 13g protein; 0g fiber