One of my favorite Weight Watchers Vegetarian Recipes is this Portobello and Spinach Stroganoff.
It’s so easy to make and tastes amazing. By using the hearty portobello mushrooms instead of beef, this traditional Russian recipe gets a lot healthier and a lot lighter.
I also used yolk-free egg noodles to save some fat, calories and cholesterol too.
Serve this with a light salad and a high fiber roll to sop up the extra sauce.
This portobellos stroganoff recipe is truly a delight and a real treat for vegetarians. Enjoy!
PORTOBELLO AND SPINACH STROGANOFF
- 4 medium/large portobello mushrooms (cleaned, stems removed, and sliced)
- 8 oz no-yolks egg noodles (uncooked)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fat free vegetable broth (or fat free beef broth)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp light butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the onions and garlic and cook until onions begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Now add in the mushrooms and a bit of salt. Cook until mushrooms begin to soften and release their liquid, thus becoming smaller, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the four, paprika and additional salt and pepper. Toss to coat all the mushrooms.
- Pour in the stock and the spinach. Stir a bit, then cover with a lid and let simmer until spinach begins to wilt.
- Stir in the noodles, Worcestershire, and sour cream, and season with any additional salt and pepper if desired.