This incredibly easy Coconut Garlic Chicken Recipe has become my new, favorite go-to chicken recipe when I need a fast and simple Weight Watchers Dinner that tastes unbelievably delicious, while only using a handful of ingredients.
A friend of mine, who is Filipino and an amazing cook, told me about this chicken dish that his mom used make for him that made his mouth water every time he thought about it. Of course, I harassed him for the recipe, and made him call his mom to find out what was in it. She didn’t give me an exact recipe, but listed the ingredients.
When reviewing just these few simple ingredients, I was admittedly skeptical that this was going to be such a “mouth-watering” dish as my friend had touted. But I played around with the ingredients, and after a few attempts, the end result was this UNBELIEVABLY delicious chicken that was not only a healthy and low Points recipe at just 5 Points per serving, but it was one of the quickest and easiest chicken recipes I’ve ever made.
You get a mild sweet, coconut flavor with a hint of acidity and a savory garlic taste. Total perfection. I served it over some steamed brown rice, which soaked up that extra sauce, and some roasted asparagus for one seriously tasty dinner. I will absolutely be making this dish again and again!
Coconut Garlic Chicken
And incredibly moist and wonderfully flavored chicken that comes together in a quick and easy Weight Watchers dinner recipe. The mild sweetness of the coconut paired with a slight acidity and bold garlic flavor makes for an absolutely delicious chicken like you’ve never tasted before.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 14-15oz can light coconut milk
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper, and place in skillet. Sauté for about 2 minutes, then add in vinegar and garlic. Cook until most of the liquid has cooked off, then stir in the coconut milk.
- Turn heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid thickens, about 8-10 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper as desired. Top with fresh cilantro and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 214 calories; 10g fat; 5g carbohydrates; 26g protein; 0g fiber