Chicken Tamale Casserole
A Mexican tamale in casserole form, this is one incredibly delicious meal. Perfect idea for a busy weeknight dinner, it’s a snap to prepare. And at just 6 Points per serving, it’s a Weight Watchers dinner recipe that tastes too good to be true.
- 1lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 16oz package frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 8oz box cornbread mix
- 1 cup reduced fat Mexican style cheese, shredded
- 16 oz red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 4oz can green chilies
- 2 small jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine, cornbread mix, corn, milk, egg substitute, green chiles, jalapeños, 1/4 cup of the cheese, cumin, paprika, and salt & pepper. Mix well, then pour into baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and poke all over, using a fork.
- Pour 1/2 of the enchilada sauce all over the top. Then evenly cover with the chicken. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over chicken and top with the remaining cheese.
- Return to oven, and cook for another 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1/8th of casserole
Each serving = 9 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 310calories; 9g fat; 3g saturated fat; 32g carbohydrate; 8g sugar; 26g protein; 3g fiber