Enlighten your taste buds with this incredible Garlic Shrimp Linguine Recipe! This was seriously SO GOOD, I did not want to stop eating it.
The wonderful simplicity of the ingredients allows each element to shine through and add it’s own flavor boost. In one bite, you’ll get the taste of the lemony garlic shrimp, the peppery basil, and the slightly sweet and tangy sun dried tomatoes.
And the red pepper chili flakes turn up the heat just a tad. It was truly a mouthful of perfection. The next time I make this, I’m going to have to double it so I can have leftovers. Even my kids ate some (though they did push aside the shrimp), and my son asked for seconds!
So happy to share this amazing Weight Watchers pasta recipe with you all…it’s a MUST try.
GARLIC SHRIMP LINGUINE RECIPE
- 8 oz whole wheat linguine pasta - (uncooked)
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp - (tail off)
- 4-6 garlic cloves - (minced)
- ¼ cup shallots - (chopped)
- ⅓ cup fresh basil - (finely chopped)
- 3 oz sun dried tomatoes - (NOT in oil)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp crushed red chili peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add in shallots and garlic, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add in shrimp and sun dried tomatoes and sauté until shrimp is pink and entirely cooked through.
- Turn heat to medium low, stir in butter, basil, lemon juice, crushed red chili peppers and salt & pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange pasta noodles onto 6 serving plates, and top each with 1/6th of the shrimp mixture (about 1/2 cup). Garnish with a pinch of fresh parsley, if desired.