Garlic Shrimp Linguine
Incredibly flavorful, this easy dish is always a crowd pleaser. The simplicity of the ingredients come together to create a fantastic, savory taste. The fresh basil and sun dried tomatoes add such an incredible flavor element, it’s hard to stop eating it!
- 8 oz whole wheat linguine pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, tail off
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 oz sun dried tomatoes, NOT in oil (I used Trader Joe’s California Sun-Dried Tomatoes)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chili peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add in shallots and garlic, and sauté until fragrant.
- Add in shrimp and sun dried tomatoes and sauté until shrimp is pink and entirely cooked through.
- Turn heat to medium low, stir in butter, basil, lemon juice, crushed red chili peppers and salt & pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange pasta noodles onto 6 serving plates, and top each with 1/6th of the shrimp mixture (about 1/2 cup). Garnish with a pinch of fresh parsley, if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 260.94calories; 4g fat; 2.06g saturated fat; 34g carbohydrate; 7.72g sugar; 21g protein; 4g fiber