This Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta tastes so unbelievably good, it’ll be hard to believe that each serving is just 6 Points. I mean, come on….look at the title of the dish…Chicken. Bacon. Ranch. Pasta. What’s not love here?!?
The creamy, ranch-flavored cheese sauce brings together the flavors of the crisp, salty bacon and the juicy chicken breast, which is sautéed in a few bacon drippings. DELICIOUS, I tell you! Yes, this dish “costs” a bit more than I’d like at 6 Points for a 1-cup serving, but it is so heavenly, I feel like I’m being bad, and, well, that makes me feel pretty good. Increase your serving size, if you’d like, and make this a 4-serving recipe, and then each serving would be 9 Points.
If you pair this Weight Watchers pasta recipe with some 0 Points roasted veggies and a very light salad, then this would be an amazing, guilt-free meal!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe
- ½ lb skinless boneless chicken breast - chopped into bite-sized pieces or strips
- 6 slices bacon - cooked (I used Applegate Farms Reduced Sodium Sunday Bacon)
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta - uncooked
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- ½ cup reduced fat sharp cheddar - shredded
- 2 green onions - diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, then drain on paper towels. Chop bacon when cool enough to handle. Drain most of the bacon drippings from the pan, leaving about 1 tbsp. Return pan to medium hit heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add into the skillet with bacon drippings, and cook until no longer pink and becomes golden brown, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add in milk and ranch dressing packet, and stir well. Cook until thick and bubbling. Add in cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the reserved bacon. Cook, stirring regularly until the cheese is melted. If the sauce becomes too thick, thin it out with some fat-free chicken broth as needed.
- Spoon sauce over pasta, and serve with remaining bacon and green onions sprinkled on top.