Baked Cauliflower Bites
A healthier, vegetarian version of chicken nuggets, these cauliflower bites are delicious and super healthy. They offer a great way to satisfy cravings for fast food nuggets and are just 2 Points per serving.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Mist with an okie oil mister to non-fat cooking spray.
- Combine Panko, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt and pepper in a small, bowl.
- Place egg whites in a separate small bowl.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the egg whites, shake off excess, and then dip into Panko mixture coating evenly. Place onto baking sheet and mist lightly with an olive oil mister.
- Place in oven and bake until cauliflower is tender and breading begins to turn golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 4 Smart Points/2 Points
PER SERVING: 117calories; 0g fat; 0g saturated fat; 20g carbohydrate; 6.02g sugar; 7.5g protein; 5g fiber