For as long as I can remember, Reuben sandwiches have been one of absolute favorite deli sandwiches. But as tasty as they are, they are CRAZY high in Weight Watchers Points.
Remembering a Reuben Casserole that my mom used to make, I decided to try and put a lighter twist on it and see if I could come up with a delicious reuben casserole that had the same flavor profile as the traditional sandwich, but was a lot lower in Points.
It ended up being pretty easy to do, and my light reuben casserole was absolutely delicious! The only thing I might do differently next time, is use shredded swiss cheese instead of the slices, just for aesthetic purposes. But at least using the slices makes it really easy to divide the servings. :)
If you love a good reuben sandwich, this Weight Watchers Reuben Casserole Recipe is a must try.
- 1 lb corned beef lunch meat (I used Boar's Head)
- 6 sliced rye bread (crumbled)
- 6 slices reduced fat swiss cheese
- 16 oz sauerkraut (drained)
- 1/2 cup low fat Thousand Island dressing
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9’ x 13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place bread on the bottom, then layer with the corned beed and sauerkraut.
- Dot with the dressing, and then top with the slices of cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 20 minutes, then remove foil and place back in oven for another 10 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.