This incredibly simple Caprese Chicken Recipe tastes way too good to be made so easily and have just 5 Points per serving. A handful of ingredients come together to create an amazing Weight Watchers Chicken Recipe that is mouthwateringly delicious. Tender chicken breasts topped with fresh melted mozzarella cheese, tangy cherry tomatoes and peppery basil makes for serious mouthful of perfection. And each serving is just 5 Points! If you want a quick and easy chicken dinner that is sure to impress, this Caprese Chicken is what you need to make. This has become one of my favorite dishes.
Moist, juicy chicken topped with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella equals a party in your mouth. This succulent Weight Watchers chicken recipe is an explosion of flavor and makes watching what you eat feel amazingly good.
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4 fillets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into 8 slices
- 2 tbsp light butter (I used Brummel & Brown)
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp fat free chicken broth
- Approx. 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Generously season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan, cover, and sauté about 5-8 minutes per side, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, melt remaining tbsp of butter in another nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the minced garlic, cherry tomatoes, and 1-2 tbsp chicken broth, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to soften and wrinkle, about 5-8 minutes. Stir in the basil and turn off the heat.
- Once chicken is cooked through, turn heat to medium, top each piece with two slices of the mozzarella, pour the tomatoes over the top of the chicken, cover and cook just until mozzarella is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Place on serving plates, and top with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken breast
Each serving = 5 Points
PER SERVING: 229 calories; 7g fat; 6g carbohydrates; 29g protein; 1g fiber