Chicken, Broccoli, Quinoa Casserole Recipe
Creamy, comforting and divine, this Weight Watchers casserole recipe is as healthy as it is delicious. Full of protein and fiber, it’s very satisfying, and makes a wonderful all-on-one meal.
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 16oz bag fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked and rinsed
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously mist a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- Place a medium sized saucepan over medium high heat, and pour in 2 cups of the broth and 1/2 cup milk. Bring to a boil, then whisk in the flour, poultry seasoning and remaining 1/2 cup milk. Whisk well until the sauce is creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Pour into a large bowl.
- To the large bowl of sauce, add remaining 1 cup broth and quinoa, and mix well.
- Place broccoli florets evenly into baking dish, pour quinoa and sauce mixture over the broccoli.
- Season chicken strips with salt and pepper and lay them evenly over top of the casserole.
- Cover with foil, and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir around a bit.
- Return to oven, uncovered this time, and bake for another 10-12 minutes or until chicken is golden brown, and quinoa grains are cooked and tender.
- Remove from oven and top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving some is about 1 heaping cup
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 302 calories; 5.5g fat; 34g carbohydrates; 27g protein; 5.5g fiber