Over the years, I’ve created a variety of Buffalo Chicken Weight Watchers Recipes, but these Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are topping my list right now. Holy Moly they were good. A bit spicy for the kids, but my husband and I TORE THESE UP!
If you have some leftover rotisserie chicken on hand, it works great in this recipe. I didn’t, so I just boiled a couple of chicken breasts. It’s a very quick and easy recipe to throw together and makes a fantastic Weight Watchers party appetizer or game day food.
In fact, these are so good, they are making it to my Weight Watchers Super Bowl Recipes list. I also tried making some of these with the Mountain Bread that I posted about last week, and it worked perfectly with those too!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Perfect as a party appetizer, game day snack, or light lunch, these Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are nothing short of fabulous. They taste incredible and, super easy to make, and are a very filling Weight Watchers recipe at just 6 Points for two taquitos.
- 1 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 12 whole wheat flour tortillas (I used La Tortilla Factory High Fiber, Low Carb, original size)
- 2 large stalks celery, finely chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 tbsp light butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (more or less to taste)
- Cook chicken breasts by boiling in salt water for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from water, place in a medium sized bowl, and shred with two forks.
- Add cream cheese, butter, celery, garlic powder, onion powder, and hot sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Mist with cooking spray.
- Spoon about 2-3 tbsp of chicken mixture onto a tortilla, and spread into a thin line down the center. Roll up tight and place on baking sheet. Continue with remaining tortillas.
- Mist all of the rolled up taquitos with cooking spray and place in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes. Flip over, and make for another 8-10 minutes, or until taquitos are golden brown.
- Serve with extra celery and blue cheese dip, ranch dressing, or more Frank’s Red Hot sauce for dipping.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 2 taquitos
Each serving = 6 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value
PER SERVING: 302 calories; 12.2g fat; 4.1g saturated fat; 74mg cholesterol; 478mg sodium; 23g carbohydrates; 6.5g fiber; 1.8g sugar; 28g protein