As I’ve mentioned time and time again on this blog, I am obsessed with Buffalo Chicken anything. And I’m always experimenting with new healthy, and low calorie ways to get my craving satisfied.
Over the years, I’ve created a variety of Buffalo Chicken Weight Watchers Recipes, but these Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are topping my list right now. Holy Moly they were good. A bit spicy for the kids, but my husband and I TORE THESE UP!
If you have some leftover rotisserie chicken on hand, it works great in this recipe. I didn’t, so I just boiled a couple of chicken breasts. It’s a very quick and easy recipe to throw together and makes a fantastic Weight Watchers party appetizer or game day food.
In fact, these are so good, they are making it to my Weight Watchers Super Bowl Recipes list. I also tried making some of these with the Mountain Bread that I posted about last week, and it worked perfectly with those too!
- 1 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 12 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 large stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 tbsp light butter (melted)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (more or less to taste)
- Cook chicken breasts by boiling in salt water for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from water, place in a medium sized bowl, and shred with two forks.
- Add cream cheese, butter, celery, garlic powder, onion powder, and hot sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Mist with cooking spray.
- Spoon about 2-3 tbsp of chicken mixture onto a tortilla, and spread into a thin line down the center. Roll up tight and place on baking sheet. Continue with remaining tortillas.
- Mist all of the rolled up taquitos with cooking spray and place in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes. Flip over, and make for another 8-10 minutes, or until taquitos are golden brown.
- Serve with extra celery and blue cheese dip, ranch dressing, or more Frank’s Red Hot sauce for dipping.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 2 taquitos
Each serving = 6 Points*
*based only on ingredients that have an SP Freestyle value