As I’ve mentioned time and time again on this blog, I am obsessed with Buffalo Chicken anything. And I’m always experimenting with new healthy, and low calorie ways to get my craving satisfied.
Over the years, I’ve created a variety of Buffalo Chicken Weight Watchers Recipes, but these Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are topping my list right now. Holy Moly they were good. A bit spicy for the kids, but my husband and I TORE THESE UP!
If you have some leftover rotisserie chicken on hand, it works great in this recipe. I didn’t, so I just boiled a couple of chicken breasts. It’s a very quick and easy recipe to throw together and makes a fantastic Weight Watchers party appetizer or game day food.
In fact, these are so good, they are making it to my Weight Watchers Super Bowl Recipes list.
BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN TAQUITOS RECIPE
- 1 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 12 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 large stalks celery - (finely chopped)
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese - (room temp)
- 2 tbsp light butter - (melted)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce - (more or less to taste)
- Cook chicken breasts by boiling in salt water for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from water, place in a medium sized bowl, and shred with two forks.
- Add cream cheese, butter, celery, garlic powder, onion powder, and hot sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Mist with cooking spray.
- Spoon about 2-3 tbsp of chicken mixture onto a tortilla, and spread into a thin line down the center. Roll up tight and place on baking sheet. Continue with remaining tortillas.
- Mist all of the rolled up taquitos with cooking spray and place in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes. Flip over, and make for another 8-10 minutes, or until taquitos are golden brown.
- Serve with extra celery and blue cheese dip, ranch dressing, or more Frank’s Red Hot sauce for dipping.