Now, about those cupcakes…that’s right – they are just 3 Points each! Made with a standard cake box mix, and a few healthier substitutions, these cupcakes will rock your world! They make a fantastic summer dessert recipe to bring to a potluck or BBQ, so if you need an idea for a Weight Watchers 4th of July Recipe, this would make an awesome one. Enjoy!
Light, moist, and delicious, these low calorie cupcakes are the perfect summer treat. Made with a whipped cream frosting and a standard cake box mix with some healthy substitutions, you’ll never believe these cupcakes are just 3 Points each.
- 1 15.25 oz box of white cake mix (I used Pillsbury Funfetti)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar free lemonade mix
- 1 8-10 oz tub of light whipped topping (I used Light Truwhip)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin/cupcake cups with paper liners.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, applesauce, lemon zest and 1 tbsp of the sugar free lemonade mix.
- Spoon batter evenly into cupcake cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Transfer cupcakes immediately to a rack to cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make frosting by combining the whipped topping, and remaining 1/2 tbsp sugar free lemonade mix.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool, top with frosting and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 24
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 24 servings
Serving size is 1 cupcake
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 99calories; 3g fat; 1g saturated fat; 17g carbohydrate; 11g sugar; 1g protein; 0g fiber