I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – I LOVE MY CROCKPOT. With two young kids, I am busy…constantly.
And cooking a healthy Weight Watchers Recipe in my crockpot, can make getting dinner together an absolute breeze. This Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe is one of the kids’ favorites.
I just throw in all of the ingredients in the morning, then come dinner time, it’s ready to go! That long, slow simmering process gives the fiberrific soup such fantastic flavor, which I love.
Of course, no chicken tortilla soup would be complete without some toppings, so feel free to add on whatever you like – just make sure you calculate the extra Point or two that it may add.
Here are some great topping suggestions: avocado slices, reduced fat shredded Montery Jack cheese, sour cream, jalapeño slices, diced red onion, crumbled tortilla chips, chopped cilantro and lime wedges. Yum!
CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
- 1 lb skinless,boneless chicken breasts - (diced)
- 1 red onion - (diced)
- 1 15 oz can white beans - (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can black beans - (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can corn - (drained and rinsed)
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 4 garlic cloves - (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.