While it may officially be fall, we’ve been having a heat wave here in Southern California, so I’ve been doing my best to take advantage of last minute summer grilling! One of my easiest, healthiest, and most delicious Weight Watchers grilling recipes is this Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa. The creaminess of the avocado and the moist, buttery avocado are a perfect contrast to the tangy lime and spicy jalapeño. The flavors are bold and delicious, yet this healthy meal is only 8 Points per serving. Pair it with steamed brown rice or quinoa and roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Decadent grilled salmon is topped with a tangy and flavorful avocado to make one seriously heart healthy Weight Watchers recipe. Easy to put together, and very satisfying, this dish is always a crowd pleaser.
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 fillets
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 a small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1-2 limes (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub salmon fillets with olive oil, then season both sides with the cumin, paprika, salt & pepper. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- In a small bowl combine the avocado, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and salt & pepper.
- Grill salmon to desired level of doneness. Top each fillet with the avocado salsa just before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1 fillet with salsa
Each serving = 8 Points
PER SERVING: 334 calories; 17g fat; 5g carbohydrates; 37g protein; 3.5g fiber