I often find myself with multiple bags of frozen shrimp in the freezer. For some reason, I keep thinking I’m out of them, so I buy more. So I started coming up with some easy Weight Watchers Shrimp Recipes that allow me to throw together a quick and delicious meal with minimal effort. This Creamy Shrimp Salad was a huge hit, both with me and the hubs! With shrimp being naturally low in calories, and high in protein, you get a very satisfying dish for just 5 Points. The creamy dressing is perfectly seasoned with fresh lemon juice and basil, and they really make this salad feel decadent. If you are feeling creative, feel free to throw in some extra veggies! Though, if you use a lot more, you may want to make some extra dressing to make sure the salad retains that creamy texture. And the baked whole wheat lavash triangles add a nice crunchy complement. Enjoy!
Creamy Shrimp Salad
Fresh, light, creamy and tangly, this bright salad is a great way to pack in the protein. The creamy, yogurt based dressing, is simple, yet the fresh basil gives it an added burst of flavor.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, tail off, chopped (defrosted if you are using frozen shrimp)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayo (I used Reduced Fat Vegenaise)
- 1 sheet of whole wheat Lavash Bread (I used Trader Joe’s brand, 2 servings cut into 8 triangles)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *Optional: Romaine lettuce leaves for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with cooking spray.
- Place lavash triangles onto sheet, and mist lightly with an olive oil mister. Season with salt and garlic powder. Place in oven and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine shrimp and tomatoes in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, basil, garlic clove, lime juice, and salt & pepper. Then pour over shrimp and tomatoes, and toss well to coat.
- Spoon shrimp mixture onto 4 serving plates (I served mine in a bowl on top of romaine lettuce leaves), and garnish with 2 lavash bread triangles.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Pescatarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups salad and 2 lavash triangles
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/5 Points
PER SERVING: 218 calories; 4.5g fat; 1g saturated fat; 15g carbohydrates; 1.6g sugar; 26g protein; 1.5g fiber