This Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipe for Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Potatoes always hits the spot when I’m craving something hot, cheesy and filling. The chicken breasts and potatoes are seasoned and slow cooked all day, then a delicious cheese sauce is made in just 5 minutes, using the remaining cooking juices and a few other ingredients. Feel free to throw in a few extra vegetables if you’d like — onions, mushrooms, and green peppers are a few I like to add in often. And at just 7 Points for each satisfying serving, my Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Potatoes Recipe will soon become a family favorite of yours too. Serve with a light salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Potatoes
Talk about comfort food, this Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipe is exactly that. Creamy, hearty and satisfying,you can’t go wrong with tender chicken breasts and potatoes covered in a delicious cheese sauce.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 6 fillets
- 1 lb gold potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1 10.75 oz can Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/3 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in slow cooker. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Season chicken breasts with paprika, salt and pepper, and place on top of potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup and the broth, and pour over the chicken and potatoes. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken and potatoes to a separate plate (cover with a lid or foil to keep warm), and set slow cooker onto high heat.
- Stir in Worcestershire and shredded cheese to the liquid that is remaining, and mix well. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes (or until cheese is melted). Stir cheese sauce until well-blended, and spoon over chicken and potatoes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken fillet, about 3/4 cup potatoes, and about 1/3 cup cheese sauce
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/7 Points
PER SERVING: 301 calories; 7g fat; 2.8g saturated fat; 17.5g carbohydrates; 1.5g sugar; 40g protein; 2g fiber