I don’t know about you, but when I’ve got a busy week ahead, Weight Watchers Casserole Recipes are a lifesaver for me! It usually gets my family a good dinner, and then a day or two of lunch leftovers. One of my husband’s favorites is this Ground Beef and Noodle Casserole. It’s incredibly hearty and satisfying, is super easy to prepare, and each nicely sized serving is just 8 Points. I really like the flavor of the ground beef in this casserole, but if you want to shave off a Point or two, you can easily use ground turkey instead. But I find that if you use ground sirloin, or extra lean ground beef (96% lean), it comes out to about the same, Points wise. This is a great dinner for a cold winter’s day. Enjoy!
Ground Beef and Noodle Casserole
This easy Weight Watchers casserole recipe is a great meal that works wonderfully as leftovers the next day. Delicious, hearty and satisfying, it’s a great bargain at just 8 Points per serving.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (96% lean, 4% fat)
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz (uncooked) egg noodles (I used Light n’ Fluffy)
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
- Set a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add in the ground beef, peppers, onion and garlic. Cook until meat is browned and is no longer pink inside.
- Add in corn, peas, tomato sauce, parsley and chili powder. Mix well and then transfer the meat mixture and the noodles to the prepared baking dish.
- Place in oven, uncovered, and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until casserole is heated through.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/3 cups
Each serving = 8 Smart Points/8 Points
PER SERVING: 321 calories; 5g fat; 2.2g saturated fat; 43g carbohydrates; 5.9g sugar; 24g protein; 5g fiber