Pumpkin Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce
I love this recipe! I am a big fan of autumn dishes and anything with fresh herbs used as a seasoning. Pumpkin raviolis can be prepared all year round and make a great main course.
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter (Horizon’s unsalted butter is used for this recipe)
- 3 sage leaves – chopped or torn into pieces
- 2 tbsps shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- Follow instructions on package for raviolis (Usually takes about 3-4 minutes or until the float to the top).
- Remove ravioli from water with large slotted spoon and place on serving dishes.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over low heat (If the heat is too high butter will burn).
- Whisk butter until it is nut brown, remove from heat.
- When butter just begins to sizzle, add sage and nutmeg for about 20-30 seconds.
- Pour butter sauce over the raviolis.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5-7 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 2
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes: 2 servings
Serving size is about: ½ of the ravioli package
Each serving = 7 Points
PER SERVING: 221 calories; 14.45 fat; 20.2 g carbohydrates; 10.9 g protein; 1.5 g