Although pumpkin is usually the flavor of autumn, this is a great recipe that can be prepared all year long. It’s easy to make and takes very little time.
Pumpkin ravioli with brown butter sauce is comfort food without guilt. The sage and nutmeg add a nice addition to this recipe.
The sweetness of the pumpkin is balanced well with the brown butter sauce. I usually serve this at dinner with a side salad.
PUMPKIN RAVIOLI WITH BROWN BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
I am a big fan of autumn dishes and anything with fresh herbs used as a seasoning. Pumpkin raviolis can be prepared all year round and make a great main course.
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli
- 2 tbsp light butter
- ¼ cup sage leaves - (chopped)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Follow instructions on package for raviolis (Usually takes about 3-4 minutes or until the float to the top).
- Remove ravioli from water with large slotted spoon and place on serving dishes.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over low heat (If the heat is too high butter will burn).
- Whisk butter until it is nut brown, remove from heat.
- When butter just begins to sizzle, add sage and nutmeg for about 20-30 seconds.
- Pour butter sauce over the raviolis. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Serving: 0.75 cupCalories: 195 kcal (10%)Carbohydrates: 20.5 g (7%)Protein: 6.8 g (14%)Fat: 9.6 g (15%)Saturated Fat: 5.7 g (36%)Cholesterol: 20 mg (7%)Sodium: 138 mg (6%)Potassium: 4 mgFiber: 1.6 g (7%)Sugar: 2.1 g (2%)Calcium: 90 mg (9%)Iron: 0.9 mg (5%)
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was!
This looks delish! But I am confused as to how you calculated 7 points plus… I did the calculations and got 12… Just wondering if I am getting an ingredient wrong! Thanks