When I want to indulge in a hearty, satisfying pasta dish that doesn’t skimp on portion size, this Arugula and Mushroom Pasta Recipe is one of my favorites. The simple wine sauce is light and delicate, allowing for the wonderful earthy flavors of the mushrooms and peppery arugula to come through. This Weight Watchers pasta recipe also offers a very satisfying serving size, which I love. I often like to top it with a bit of grated parmesan, but if you prefer to keep it vegan, you can skip it. The colorful vegetables will help bring out some fantastic flavors, so you won’t miss the meat. But if you insist on adding some additional protein, this dish works great with shrimp, chicken or scallops.
Arugula and Mushroom Pasta
A fresh, earthy vegetarian pasta dish that is served in a buttery white wine sauce. Simple, healthy, delicious, and a wonderful Weight Watchers dinner recipe idea.
- 10 oz whole wheat pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups arugula
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup chardonnay
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in onions, and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and garlic, and cook, while staring occasionally for about 4-5 minutes. Season with thyme, salt and pepper. Then add in tomatoes, and cook until tomatoes begin to tenderize, about 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the butter, lemon and wine, and let cook, while stirring occasionally, until the wine reduces and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add in arugula, and gently toss until arugula is wilted. Pour over drained pasta, and top each dish with 1 tbsp parmesan.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Italian
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 2 cups
Each serving = 11 Smart Points/9 Points
PER SERVING: 403 calories; 7g fat; 3.7g saturated fat; 60g carbohydrates; 12.2g sugar; 15g protein; 9g fiber