Recently, I had the luxury of eating at a local Peruvian restaurant, and if you’ve never had Peruvian food, you are really missing out! The flavors are bold and fresh, and absolutely divine. I opted for the Lomo Saltado dish, which is basically a sirloin stir fry served over french fries or potato slices. It was sooooooo good! My version eliminates the potatoes, in order to save some Points, and bulks up on veggies and protein. But the traditional vinegar and soy sauce seasoning is so incredibly simple, yet so wonderfully flavorful. And at just 6 Points per serving, this Weight Watchers stir fry recipe is a real treat. My while family loved it, and it’s now becoming part of our regular meal rotation. This recipe is a must try, you guys!
Skinny Peruvian Beef Saltado
Flavorful, light, and super easy to make, this healthy Lomo Saltado Recipe is a treat for the eyes as well as the palate. Traditionally served with fries or potatoes, my skinny version eliminates them to save on Points, but is just as delicious.
- 1 lb lean sirloin, sliced into thin, wide strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large tomato, sliced into thin wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Season beef with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Add beef and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add in garlic, onions and peppers, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and soy sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes, then add in the tomatoes and cilantro, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: Central American
Each serving = 5 Smart Points/6 Points
PER SERVING: 256 calories; 8g fat; 3g saturated fat; 9.5g carbohydrates; 2.7g sugar; 37g protein; 2.5g fiber