When cooking family meals, I always have to take into consideration my kids likes and dislikes. This can be tedious, but it forces me to come up with new and creative foods that not only please my kids, but that my husband and I find delicious. A recent hit was this this Ground Turkey Patties with Tahini Yogurt Sauce Recipe. The turkey was quite moist and tender, and the creamy yogurt tahini sauce was absolutely delicious. I’ve never had tahini combined with yogurt before, so this was new to me, and I found it to be fantastic. My husband and I ate our patties over a bed of lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers with a lemon vinaigrette and then topped with the yogurt tahini, my daughter ate her patties dipped straight into the tahini yogurt sauce, and my son enjoyed his stuffed into a pita pocket with the sauce, and some of the salad that my husband and I used. So as you can see, it’s a pretty versatile dish. Each 3 patty serving, with sauce, is just 4 Points, making this a wonderfully light meal choice. Though this recipe states it makes 6 servings, it is a small serving, so you may end up choosing extra 1 or 1/2 a serving to feel really satisfied. Enjoy!
Ground Turkey Patties with Tahini Yogurt Sauce
Tender, flavorful turkey meat patties are topped with a creamy tahini yogurt dressing for a fast and healthy Weight Watchers dinner recipe. The turkey patties cook fast, and freeze well, so these are great to prepare ahead of time in large batches.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine yogurt, tahini paste, 1 garlic clove, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, remaining garlic cloves, diced onion, onion powder, dried parsley, and salt and pepper. Using hands, form meat into about 18 small patties.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook turkey patties in batches, so as not to overcrowd the pan, until patties are golden brown on both sides, and no longer pink in the center, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve patties over a simple salad, or stuffed in pita pockets with prepared tahini yogurt sauce, lettuce and tomatoes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 3 patties
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/4 Points
PER SERVING: 154 calories; 7g fat; 1g saturated fat; 3g carbohydrates; 1g sugar; 21g protein; 1g fiber