I’m someone who loves rice and risotto is a wonderful way to prepare rice. The creamy rice is delicious as a side dish with sauteed mushrooms, onions and garlic.
But it’s also wonderfully tasty when you use soy and coconut milk, add some fruit, cinnamon, and vanilla to make it for breakfast. This creamy and flavorful breakfast is simple and easy.
You can put it in the crock-pot overnight, or just make it up ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. It’s sure to be a meal that everyone will love.
CRANBERRY AND COCONUT BREAKFAST RISOTTO
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- Dash salt
- Cinnamon to taste
- Combine the rice, water, salt and vanilla in a medium size pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the milk and coconut milk. Stir and cook over medium heat until the rice begins to thicken.
- Add cranberries, honey, and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
- Add more salt or honey to taste.