Cranberry and Coconut Breakfast Risotto
A creamy and tasty breakfast cereal.
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup almond or soy milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- Cinnamon to taste
- Maple syrup to taste
- Combine the rice, water, salt and vanilla in a medium size pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the soy or almond milk and coconut milk. Stir and cook over medium heat until the rice begins to thicken.
- Add 3/4 cup of cranberries, coconut flakes, maple syrup and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
- Add more salt, syrup or milk to taste.
- Serve garnished with cinnamon, coconut flakes and cranberries.
Place the water, rice, salt, vanilla and milks in a crockpot. Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours, or overnight. Stir in remaining ingredients and serve, garnished with cranberries, coconut and cinnamon.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 cup.
Each serving = 11 Smart Points/9 Points
PER SERVING: 319 calories; 7g fat; 4.5g saturated fat; 58g carbohydrates; 1.5g sugar; 5.8 protein; 1.7g fiber