A tender and succulent beef tips with Portobello mushrooms, made easy with a slow cooker.
- 1/2 lb Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Combine the mushrooms and onions in a slow cooker.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat and brown the meat.
- Remove the meat from the pan and place in the slow cooker.
- Add the wine (or use 1/3 cup beef broth) to the skillet to deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth and Worcestershire sauce and stir until combined.
- Add the broth mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 6 – 8 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water until well combined.
- Whisk into the slow cooker and cook on high for 15 – 30 minutes, or until the gravy reaches desired consistency.
- While the gravy is cooking, cook the egg noodles if they are not already cooked.
- Serve the beef tips and mushroom gravy over egg noodles.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6-8 hours
Diet tags: High protein
Number of servings (yield): 4
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire serving makes 4 servings.
Serving size is 1/2 cup cooked noodles with 1 cup of beef and mushroom mixture..
Each serving = 10 Smart Points/9 Points
PER SERVING: 364 calories; 11.8g fat; 6.9g saturated fat; 29g carbohydrates; 2g sugar; 29g protein; 1g fiber