Another super easy recipe I want to share today that not only tastes incredible, but requires such little effort. This Spanish Chicken and Potato Roast Recipe is all done in one pot (yay for easy clean-up!). The ingredients are combined in a large baking dish, and then slow roasted in the oven, delivering one heck of a tasty dinner. The potatoes soak up the juices released by the chicken which makes them heavenly moist and tender. And the simple seasonings are all it takes for a fantastic flavor. This hearty, satisfying Spanish Chicken and Potato Roast Recipe will definitely leave you feeling satisfied! Serve with a light salad or steamed veggies for a complete meal.
Spanish Chicken and Potato Roast
Succulent chicken, potatoes and mushrooms are roasted together in this simple one pot meal. The potatoes soak up the juices of the chicken while it roasts and are oh-so delicious! This makes a super easy weeknight dinner recipes.
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks (about 10-12 drumsticks)
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mist a large baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- Place chicken, potatoes, mushrooms and onions in the dish and squeeze lemon juice all over.
- Drizzle all the meat and vegetables with the olive oil, then season with oregano, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil, poking a few holes to vent steam, and roast for about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, and return to oven until chicken is cooked through and browned on top, and potatoes are tender, about another 12-15 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Spanish
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 2 drumsticks
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/8 Points
PER SERVING: 349 calories; 10g fat; 1.4g saturated fat; 16g carbohydrates; 1.6g sugar; 39g protein; 2g fiber