There’s little I love more than a meal that delivers wonderful presentation and flavor but with very little effort and prep. This Roasted Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Garbanzo Beans dish is such an amazing and healthy Weight Watchers recipe that boasts tender, juicy chicken that is wonderfully seasoned, and yet it is incredibly simple to make. The fresh tomatoes add a nice touch of acidity while the garbanzo beans add a nice earthy flavor. I chose to cook this with bone-in and skin on chicken breasts because it really helps to keep the chicken moist. Just make sure to remove the chicken skin before eating if you are watching your Weight Watchers Points.
Roasted Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes and Garbanzo Beans
Juicy, roasted chicken breasts are wonderfully seasoned and accented with a few simple ingredients to make one deliciously simple dish.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, with skin bone
- 8 oz cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the baking sheet, and rub all over with the oil mixture.
- Add the garbanzo beans, cilantro, and tomatoes to the bowl that had the oil mixture, and toss around a bit with your hands to coat with any remaining oil mixture that is clinging to the bowl.
- Pour tomatoes and garbanzo beans onto the baking sheet around the chicken.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.Transfer to a serving platter and serve chicken with garbanzo beans and tomatoes spooned over the top.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 breast (skin removed), and 1/6th of the tomatoes and garbanzo beans
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/7 Points
PER SERVING: 296 calories; 8g fat; .8g saturated fat; 16g carbohydrates; 1.4g sugar; 39g protein; 4g fiber